Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Not looking good for tomorrow

Everything didn't get done with insurance today, which was a tall order to begin with. Too much to get approved, and not enough time to get supplies.

I need to have a pity party for myself for a moment as I'm laying here in bed freezing because I'm under a giant window. I just want to go home. I want my bed, my house, my fireplace, Caelen's plethora of toys and entertainment, the tv, the fridge and pantry, and germ free zone. I'm copying this from another friends blog because its true, but I feel like we're just dodging germs all over the place, and it's hard to entertain a 3 year old from a hospital room and keep him healthy.

I know that it's selfish to be complaining right now, especially about the little things when we've been so much worse, and there are so many sick kids here. But I guess I'm just exhausted and tired of life in the hospital. A small taste of freedom will do that to a person.

At the same time, I know that this is my life, so why am I frustrated? I really should just count my blessings that we're going home in a few days. But I'm going to allow myself this pity party for 1 tonight and refocus tomorrow.

Nite all,
Katye

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! We'll be up to "visit" next month. (Hopefully you'll be done by then!) Stay focused on what YOU want to happen and know that your friends and family are sending powerful prayer-energy right thru you so you better aim it in the right direction!
    Much Love -- the Millers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a "pity" party, that's just the truth. You certainly deserve to vent a little bit. You have shown amazing courage and strength. May God continue to strengthen and Bless both you and Caelen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayte,
    We think of you often and pray for you and Caelen constantly. You deserve a break and it is only human to need to let it out. I wish we were still next door so we could have a shine and wine night!

    ReplyDelete