Thursday, January 31, 2013

I hate hospitals

And the gross GI bug is....rotavirus!!!
Caelen is doing fine. Fluids were finally started at 8:00, even though we've been here since 12:15. He's watching Cars on tv and playing Gabba on his iPad. The ER got a bunch of bloodwork and I'm waiting on results. His X-ray looks good though, so yay for small victories. Now we're just waiting on the virus to pass.

But I'm exhausted. Like new mom of twins exhausted. The health roller coaster along with the sheer lack of sleep has worn me down. I wasn't prepared to be back in a hospital so soon. Note to self, always wash clothes immediately after hospital discharge, or risk get stuck with random pieces like sweatpants and short sleeved T-shirts in the winter.

Anyways, they've finally stopped messing with Caelen for the night, so bedtime for me.

Thanks for all of the messages. Sorry I don't respond to all of them, but I do read every one.

Love,
Katye

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Katye. We know its hard. God Bless you and Caelen

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Thinking of you all, I hope he feels better fast and you can get some rest too! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete