Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

I know that I am way behind in posting pics and updates since we came home from the hospital.  I will make this solemn resolution to be more diligent with updating the blog in 2013.  I predict I will fail at my resolution early on in January.  But my intentions are good.

So on with the updates.  Since too much time has passed since discharge, here's the recap:


  1. We came home from the miserable third open heart surgery, the Fontan, on December 6, having gone in on September 25.  Caelen is no longer a Glenn, but not a Fontan either.  He is now a "Glenn-Tan." Good luck googling that one.
  2. Caelen got to go with us to pick out the Christmas tree this year.  He wasn't interested in the trees, but he did like riding in Daddy's truck.  He did not like meeting a wooden Santa.
  3. My dad, Pop Pop, came up shortly thereafter to decorate the house and play with the dog.  Caelen finally took an immediate liking to him instead of on the last day. The outdoor lights shorted out several times, but the house didn't blow up or burn down.  So dad must know what he's doing ;) Brid (our dog) still hasn't gotten over her depression from my dad leaving.  Nor has she regained her obedience.
  4. Caelen finally got to meet the real Santa Clause, and it went over about as well as you'd think.  But afterwards, he did give Santa a high five and blow him a kiss.  All is forgiven...until next year.
  5. Caelen was in the ER for aspiration pneumonia, got better, then 10 days later had to go back.
  6. My mom, Mimi, came up for Christmas and New Year's and got her Christmas wish of an ipad from Aunt Kelly, Uncle Adam and me.  She cried giant sobbing tears of joy, and Kelly got to watch from Canada on facetime.  Priceless, and I think my favorite moment on Christmas.  Now mom finally gets to join in on the facetime chats.  
  7. I got the best Christmas gift of my life with Caelen being home.  I am truly grateful to the entire medical team at CHOP for saving my son's life, and I know without a doubt that he has some of the most amazing Angels both in Heaven and here on earth that are looking out for him.  
  8. THANK YOU to every single one of you who got us here with your prayers, love, healing energy vibes, care packages, and everything else you all did to help bring my son home.  I am eternally grateful!!!
  9. Caelen is making great progress at home and talking up a storm!  He is scheduled to start ECI (early childhood intervention) at the local elementary school in January.  He's still waking up every hour, and sometimes every 30 minutes at night.  "Crying it out" is not working.  So I have been sleeping on the floor of his room since we got home. 
  10. I'm exhausted.  Hoping the New Year brings sleep for the both of us.
Speaking of the New Year, I am excited to finally put this saga behind us and move on.  Here's to a healthy, happy and peaceful 2013 filled with good fortune for all.

And no blog would be complete without cute pics.  So here they are:
foreshadowing the real Santa meet and greet at the tree lot


high five Santa
trying too hard for the perfect pic

best smile of the 200+ pics I took at Homestead Gardens


Pop Pop (Clark Griswold) decorating the house

decorating the tree by throwing glitter balls on the floor
playing with the cousins on Christmas Eve
Eskimo kisses

my Angel (with Mimi's glasses)
Merry Christmas!




Mimi and Caelen playing on their ipads
Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!

Love, Katye

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Here's to a happy and healthy 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Katye, Martin and Caelen. Wishing you all a healthy, prosperous, peaceful 2013.

    ReplyDelete