Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Sunday

Caelen has had a good weekend. He recovered very nicely from the cath on Friday, and is full of his usual hilarity. He's been given 2 new meds and the docs are watching him to make sure that he tolerates them ok.

And as for home, we are supposed to be getting out of here this week. There isn't a firm timeline, but it will probably be towards the end of the week. I'm excited to get out of here and get Caelen home to all of his toys and his dog, but I'm nervous too. It's kind of a mixed bag of emotions.

He's on a lot more meds than when we came in, and the schedule is a bit daunting. Then theres the oxygen tubing that has me a little anxious. Even though he was on it before, he wasn't moving around. Now he's walking and getting into everything. How am i going to keep him safe? But I'll figure it out. In the grand scheme of things, thats not really a big problem to have when you consider that 2 months ago he was on ECMO and we were worried about brain damage.

And because of just that event alone, I'm so very grateful that we are here, talking about going home and oxygen. I feel beyond blessed that Caelen has been given a miraculous recovery, and that I get more time with him.

Thank you all again for your kind words, prayers, love and support. Thank you to all of those that were behind the scenes. And a giant thank you to my mom who spent a long time up here with us. We couldn't have done it without you Mimi :)

Love,
Katye



4 comments:

  1. God Bless You All, I hope you have a great homecoming this week. What a welcome relief after all you have been through recently and the lengthy hospital stay. I am just amazed at Caelen's progress in his 3 years, and how, after all he's been through, he is just a normal, happy little boy! Good job, Mom & Dad! Katye, I'll pray for your continued strength & serenity in the face of the daunting med schedule and oxygen, I hope it will get easier for you. As always, we pray for Caelen's health. Love, Mary & the other 3Ms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news home for Christmas!!!!!! You will find strength to fight the new fight ahead. Prayers continue for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for your family! Caelen is my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic news. Katye, you should be nominated for sainthood. You are so calm in the face of such uncertainty and drama. And that smile just beams. You are my hero. We continue to keep Caelen in our prayers.
    Love, Aunt Rita

    ReplyDelete