Monday, September 3, 2012

This moment for life

I'm clearly not a Nikki Minaj fan, at all, but I do like her song title and hook. Kinda poignant, this moment for life.

I know whats coming. Caelen isn't doing as well after the cath as he was before the cath. He is tiring faster, which is weird because he is supposed to be stronger. He is having more cyanotic episodes where he turns blue and Martin and I need to keep him calm. Caelen recovers quickly, but this is different from pre-cath.

His cardiologist isn't concerned, but I am. Some nagging suspicion that all isn't well. He said that we should get the call Tuesday regarding our surgery date, which should be in the next 1-3 weeks.

How do you prepare yourself for what is about to come? I don't have an overwhelming feeling of dread, which is good. But I'm not naive either. I pray that the fontan, and all that goes with it is a success. I pray that Caelen does not have pleural effusions and chest drainage problems.

I pray that Caelen has an easy and straightforward surgery and the easiest of recoveries.

Overall, I pray that Caelen gets a break. I know that it's a lot to ask for, but these are my prayers:

Successful surgery
No complications
Fast and full recovery

That's my life in a nutshell. I want my son to live. I want him to finally catch a break and to get a chance at a normal life. So if you are wondering what to pray for, this is it.

Thank you to all of those who keep praying for us, please don't stop. Your prayers are miracles and got us to where we are.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Katye, Is there anything I can do to help? I have been there and know exactly what you are going through. Do you want to finally meet for coffee this week? I am available in the evenings or next weekend just let me know what works best for you. I am praying for all of you but especially for Caelan. Please do not hesitate and let me know if you need anything. Hugs to you Katye.... Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katye I am sorry I spelled his name wrong :( I hit the "A"instead of "E". Many prayers to you and your family...... Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayte you , Caelen and Martin are always in our prayers and we will pray even more until Caelen is through this difficult stage'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kayte, thoughts and prayers for you and Caelan! No words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katey,

    We are in this with you! We are dealing with the same anxieties as you and Martin...and we are praying for you. We pray for the day that Caelen and Madeleine have their first play date together and all this is just a memory.

    Brian & Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katye,
    Adam and I are praying for all of you. Caelen is our little angel and our prayers along with everyone elses will get him through. I too pray for a break, as Caelen has yet to ever experience anything without some sort of trial. We love you all and send our heartfelt love.
    Love from the two of us and all our furry critters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katye, Martin and Caelen,
    Uncle Pat and I will keep you in out prayer. Stay strong.
    Aunt Rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. And those will be my prayers as well. I know where your heart is. I want Caelen to have a successful Fontan and to have a complete and speedy recovery.

    I'll be keeping tabs on you guys...
    Love ya
    Lori
    XO

    ReplyDelete