Wednesday, September 5, 2012

No surgery date yet

Sorry to not post, I was hoping to wait on a surgery date to update everyone but I think I've worried a few of you, lol.

Should be tomorrow, I emailed and called today only to find out that I need to wait until tomorrow.

On a side note, we got a better understanding of Caelen's desaturation. I reached out to the local cardiologist that has been seeing us since pregnancy, and she explained that Caelen was clearly relying on those collaterals that were plugged and coiled for an extra boost. So now that he doesn't have them, he isn't getting as much oxygenated blood to his lungs as before, hence the cyanosis. So this is our new normal until the Fontan. She also explained that collaterals and the Fontan don't get along. So they needed to go, and we need to have the surgery soon. Now if only CHOP would just give me a date.

Lastly, thank you all again for your prayers and support. I'm so appreciative for all of the loving emails and messages that I've received over the last few days. Sorry that I seemed down, I guess I needed to put all of my fears out there so I could let them go.

I am much more hopeful going into this surgery than the last, and Caelen is so much stronger. He's also got a few more angels in Heaven this go round watching out for him, including both my grandmothers now. So I know that with the new additions up there, we are in good shape.

Again, thank you all and hopefully I'll have a date for everyone tomorrow.

Love,
Katye

No comments:

Post a Comment