Thursday, November 15, 2012

Waiting around

The earliest the cath will happen now is next Wednesady, and if the paperwork isn't ready, then it'll be the week after. Kinda stinks that we're just sitting here in the hospital waiting around, but on the flip side, Caelen is doing well.

I attended the birthday party of a young man named Duwayne today, he turned 10 and got his heart transplant 6 weeks ago. A lot of the regular cast of characters were there to celebrate with him, and as I looked around the room, I thought to myself, how lucky am I to witness so many miracles?! All of these kids that society calls "sick" were there celebrating and eating ice cream cake. Some on oxygen, some on vents, some on dialysis, some on feeding tubes, some in wheelchairs, but all were smiling. So it's little celebrations like this that make waiting around easier. The longer we are here, the more people we meet, and the bigger my heart gets. Whatever is in store for Caelen's future, I know we can get through it.

I always like to thank people for their care packages, so today I am saying a big thank you to the Rhoads' clan, they are fellow heart friends. Thanks for the Gabba pillowcase, Caelen loves it!! And thank you to the anonymous friend that sent the balloons for Caelen and chocolate for me. I wish I knew who sent them, there was no card with the bag. Please chime in and let me know if it was you :)

And thanks to all of you for keeping us in your prayers. I am eternally grateful for all of you.

Love,
Katye





3 comments:

  1. I'd happily read posts by you entitled "waiting around" all day long over some of the other title options...So glad he is doing well. He looks great and I can't believe how big he's gotten!! time flies! Hang in there:)

    Lauren Mix

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still praying for healing and Caelen to get home soon!!

    ReplyDelete