Thursday, June 27, 2013

Shortest Hospital stay yet!

We got home from CHOP Saturday evening and Caelen jumped right back into his toys, and slept almost 12 hours that night too.

I got the results from his ultrasound, and the awesome news is that the clots in his right sub clavean (closest to his heart), and his left leg are gone!  9 long months of twice daily lovenox injections and the clots are history.  My hope was that we could now stop the lovenox and give his poor legs and arms a break, but CHOP said no because Caelen is prone to clots, and he has stents and the device to block the fontan, so for now, we're stuck.  Oh well, atleast the clots are gone.

He's still casting, but not as bad as last week, so hopefully we're on the tail end of this cold.

Caelen and I are getting ready for our annual vacation to FL for the summer.  There's a lot more equipment to pack this time, and we can't fly because we don't have a portable oxygen concentrator that's FAA approved for the plane. So my brother-in-law has been volunteered to fly up and drive us home.  Lucky guy, lol.  He survived 3 days driving cross country with my younger sister, and multiple treks cross country with my older sister, so hopefully this 2 day trip with Caelen and I won't put him off road trips forever.  He knows about my OCD and controlling ways when it comes to Caelen and his meds, but in the past, he could just go to work or walk away.  Now he's stuck with me for 24 hours, ha ha.  Prayers for his patience and sanity ;)

We leave on Monday to start the drive down, so I'll update once we get down there and get some good shots of all the kids playing together.

Love, Katye and Caelen

No comments:

Post a Comment