Monday, February 18, 2013

Please Pray for Weston

Here is the FB page of our one of our very close heart friends, Weston.  He is waiting on a double lung and heart transplant.  First thing tomorrow morning he is going in for a cardiac cath, g-tube placement, and nose cauterization.  I ask as many of you as possible to please, please pray for Weston that everything goes smoothly tomorrow and without complication.  Weston is the King of the cardiac floor having been there 17 straight months, and is now awaiting his transplant outside of the hospital with the miracle of a million dollar machine, and more meds than Caelen, but still only blocks from the hospital.  By the way, his family is split in 2.  They are from TN, and Dad and 4 of the kids live with him, Mom and 3, including Westin live in Philly.  The TN part travel frequently to Philly to visit. 

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/298956884357/

If you can't access his page, here is the script from his mom Julie, who is simply put, amazing:

"Tomorrow morning, Weston will get a heart cath, nose cauterization, and gtube placement. We ask for prayers specifically for the breathing tube to go in and come out easily. Breathing tubes are very dangerous for pulmonary hypertension kids-especially high maintenance ones like the prince. The gtube and nose cauterization will begin around 7:30am and the cath should get started right at 9am. I am very nervous about the gtube pain, as well as the starting of the overnight feeds. Dr. Glatz came in tonight and told me it was a privilege to get to cath Weston and he was excited for the opportunity to meet him. That was the piece of mind I have been praying for. We haven't met him before but Dr. Hanna speaks very highly of him. Adam Keeton and I know that God has performed a miracle in Weston. Even if the cath numbers are not what we are PRAYING they are, Weston has touched so many lives. I cannot describe how life changing tomorrow's cath could be for him but I challenge everyone to post about Weston tomorrow and invite all of your friends to join "Praying for Weston". Your thoughts and prayers mean the world to us. Please pray for the doctors, nurses, and support staff that will be taking care of Weston tomorrow. Pray for God's will to be done as far as transplant options go. Pray for peace of mind for Adam and myself as we await cath numbers and specifically, after cath, if the numbers are not good. Pray for our hearts and spirits. I am trying not to let myself even think about that but if the numbers aren't what we want then God must have a bigger and better reason for Weston to continue down the heart and lung transplant road. I know, in my heart, and God has performed a miracle in Weston. No numbers, no doctors, no data can change my mind."

Weston is funny, charming, smart, wise beyond his years, sneaky, and everything else you would imagine a 6 year old to be.  He is so full of life, and I pray that he will be granted every miracle available.  Please keep Weston and his family in your prayers tomorrow and please pray for smooth, successful procedures, free of complications and a full recovery.

Thank You and God Bless!

Love, Katye and Caelen

1 comment:

  1. Kayte,
    I am a good friend to Tammy Wolfe and I reside in CA. You may have heard her speak of Zoe Falley, well that's me. I will keep you in our prayers for both of you. As a caregiver myself to both my husband and my daughter...both with God now,I pray for you to have the strength you need to get through every day.
    God blesses you and all the things you do and someday it will paid forward to you in miraculous ways...
    Zoe Falley

    ReplyDelete