Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I love CHOP

Caelen coughed up another cast tonight. Damn plastic bronchitis. The good news is that he can cough them up, and that we now have all the meds and equipment at home to deal with it.

Of course this happens after business hours, so I email the picture of the cast to Dr Rychik our cardiologist and Katie Dodds, the clinical coordinator extraordinaire and my constant go to. Dr Rychik emailed back and hour later, and Katie just responded that she'll check in with me in the morning. It's 9:15 at night.

How amazing is this team?

Oh yeah, Caelen's fine. He went right back to playing and eating crackers. He's now trying to empty the contents of the bathtub onto the floor and singing country songs on my phone. His favorite is Dirt Road Anthem, and he knows the words to Come Over, Blown Away, Springsteen and God Gave Me You, along with many others. I love this kid. He's so funny.

And just because I'm blogging, he told me that I am his best friend. My heart melted :)

Love,
Katye

4 comments:

  1. He's adorable and I love that he likes country music. My favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweet face! So glad he was able to cough up the cast without any problems and you got such a quick response from CHOP. Praying that his lungs continue to heal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a face! Love him xoxoxo Glad you love your team too - that is an amazing feeling to have people you trust and who will text you back at 9 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious little one. Bless the bather and bless the blogger.

    ReplyDelete