Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgivukah

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Chanukah friends.  We have so much to be thankful for this year. 

First, I'm grateful for all of the amazing doctors, nurses and staff at CHOP who saved Caelen's life last year. Getting to have more time with Caelen is a daily blessing, one that is not taken for granted. Caelen is the light of my life and he makes all the past struggles worth it. 

I'm also grateful for all of the friends and family that have walked this journey with us since Caelen's diagnosis four and a half years ago. We have met so many amazing people, new friends really, and our lives are fuller because of all of you. The heart community is a small one, but you've all become part of our circle. 

I'm grateful for our first Thanksgiving in Florida with family and friends. Caelen is adapting well and the weather is certainly helping his lungs. And sorry to our friends up north, but being able to wear flip flops and tank tops is a nice bonus too. Heard ya'll were a little chilly today ;)

And last but definitely not least, I'm Grateful to God for carrying me this far. Everything that we went through had to be done for me to see my own footprints again.   


And now on to the good stuff. To quote Caelen's favorite show, Yo Gabba Gabba, "I had a great time today!  But first, let's go back and remember what we did today."

Caelen and I joined my sister Jen, Noah, Lily and Baby James at the home of some of our oldest friends, The Cohens. There were 6 kids 4 and under, and it was controlled chaos. The kids were very entertaining and there were lots of laughs all around. Caelen enjoyed playing their piano while Lily sang crazy made up songs. 




Caelen even got his very first Chanukah gifts, so topping this Thanksgiving will be a little tough next year. Thanks Grandma Ellie and Heather, he held his presents the whole way home. 

And then of course the food was amazing. Grandma Ellie is a fantastic cook and I'm still stuffed. Thank you all for welcoming Caelen and I today 😊

Tomorrow starts Christmas insanity over here, so I need to start working on holiday cards. Speaking of, I cannot find my address list in the move, so if you'd like a card from Caelen please send me your address. 

Love,

Katye and Caelen

No comments:

Post a Comment