Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cath - delayed until August

I am so bummed, CHOP cannot fit us in July 5th and 6th, so now we have to postpone until the end of August.  Literally, it's August 28th now.  The slew of emotions that I have gone through today have left me completely exhausted.  For months now I have fixated on June 20 as the answer to when we can get on with life.  We have been in limbo for so long, and its mentally draining.  Not knowing when Caelen will need his next surgery is such a weight that sits on my shoulders.  It's hard to plan anything more than a few months at a time because we never know what's in store.

I know that August 28th is only 2 months away, but when I've already waited 6 months, another 2 months seems like an eternity.   I try to stay upbeat and roll with the punches but right now, I feel like I've been knocked out.

So here's to waiting...again.

Katye

2 comments:

  1. Oh Katye, I'm so sorry. Waiting is the worst! We'll be praying that when August 28th rolls around you get all the positive, wonderful news you've been waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting sucks bad. I'm sorry. I remember going in with Maren, anticipating having to prepare for her fontan. I didn't even consider the fact that she may not be ready for surgery-- then or ever. Having that last surgery hanging over our heads was definitely worse than getting it behind us. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete